Tap water contains many impurities that are harmful for your body. Not only that, but many people don’t find the taste of tap water very appealing. But it can tend to be expensive and even poor for the environment when you’re required to constantly purchase purified water bottles or purified water jugs. Because of this, you should consider purchasing a faucet mount water filter.
Faucet mount water filters have the ability to offer you a more inexpensive, eco-friendly, and convenient way to consume healthy water. Faucet mount water filters are applied to your faucet and effectively remove any harmful contaminants and impurities from your drinking water.
If you continuously consume unfiltered tap water, you may even face some health risks. More specifically, tap water is capable of containing both chlorine and fluoride. Chlorine is added to the water in order to kill any dangerous organisms that may be in it, and fluoride is added to the water to prevent tooth decay.
But having both chlorine and fluoride in your drinking water and consuming it can cause many negative health effects, like cancer, osteoporosis, and it can even damage your lungs, heart, kidneys, and your nervous system. Because of this, you’re recommended to consider purchasing a faucet water filter.
Why You Need a Faucet Mount Water Filter
The section details faucet water filter benefits and how they work.
What is a Faucet Water Filter?
A faucet water filter is classified as a filtration system that can easily be mounted onto your faucet, and it’s essentially responsible for filtering out the impurities that are in your tap water. It’s capable of making your water more healthy for your body to consume. More specifically, faucet mount water filters are responsible for filtering out soluble minerals, chemicals, and contaminants from your water.
If you are looking for something more robust, read the following guides:
- Pros and Cons of a Whole House Water Filter System
- Pros and Cons of a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- Reverse Osmosis vs. Carbon Water Filters
How do Faucet Water Filters Work?
Faucet water filters use a cartridge filter that’s specifically responsible for filtering out the contaminants from your water. The first step for removing contaminants is to remove the sediment from the water with a non-woven screen that’s wrapped around the cartridge. This screen stops both large and small particles from the water, like rust, dirt, and even sand.
The next process involves the filtering system removing other remaining contaminants in the water using an activated carbon block. This block has a rough surface that contains bombs that are responsible for trapping the contaminants between. When you’re cleaning your water filter, you’re essentially cleaning this carbon block when it’s bombs are filled with contaminants.
The last step of the filtering process involves removing chemicals from your water. This step uses activated carbon filters that reduce the chemicals in your water, like heavy metals, magnesium, and even calcium. This step can also remove any poor tastes or odors from the water.
Benefits of Faucet Mount Water Filters
- Makes your water healthier, since it prevents your body from consuming harmful contaminants
- Easier to install than other water filter systems, since it can be installed within 5 minutes, and most mounts can simply be screwed onto the faucet
- All faucet water filters remove chlorine from your water (even though some mounts vary in their ability to remove certain contaminants, they all remove chlorine)
- Removes any gross tastes or smells from your tap water
- Environmentally friendly, since it doesn’t waste water and it eliminates the need for you to constantly purchase water bottles
- Low maintenance (other filtering systems require that you refill a container or constantly clean a filter, but faucet mounts only require that you install the system and then clean the filter out every few weeks, depending on how often you use the filter)