Tap water contains many impurities that are harmful for your body. Not only that, but many people don’t find the taste of tap water very appealing. But it can tend to be expensive and even poor for the environment when you’re required to constantly purchase purified water bottles or purified water jugs. Because of this, you should consider purchasing a faucet mount water filter.
Faucet mount water filters have the ability to offer you a more inexpensive, eco-friendly, and convenient way to consume healthy water. Faucet mount water filters are applied to your faucet and effectively remove any harmful contaminants and impurities from your drinking water.
If you continuously consume unfiltered tap water, you may even face some health risks. More specifically, tap water is capable of containing both chlorine and fluoride. Chlorine is added to the water in order to kill any dangerous organisms that may be in it, and fluoride is added to the water to prevent tooth decay.
But having both chlorine and fluoride in your drinking water and consuming it can cause many negative health effects, like cancer, osteoporosis, and it can even damage your lungs, heart, kidneys, and your nervous system. Because of this, you’re recommended to consider purchasing a faucet water filter.
- 1 Why You Need a Faucet Mount Water Filter
- 2 How to Install a Faucet Water Filter
- 3 Top 11 Best Faucet Mount Water Filters
- 3.1 Brita Tap Water Filter System
- 3.2 Waterdrop Water Faucet Filtration System
- 3.3 PUR Advanced Faucet Water Filter
- 3.4 Culligan Faucet Mount Filter
- 3.5 Weiai Filtration System
- 3.6 PUR Classic Faucet Mount Filter
- 3.7 Engdenton Faucet Water Filter
- 3.8 Jetery Faucet Water Filter
- 3.9 iSpring Faucet Mount Water Unparalleled Contaminants Removal
- 3.10 HeadSPRING Water Faucet Filter System
- 3.11 PUR Chrome Horizontal Faucet Mount
- 4 Conclusion
Why You Need a Faucet Mount Water Filter
The section details faucet water filter benefits and how they work.
What is a Faucet Water Filter?
A faucet water filter is classified as a filtration system that can easily be mounted onto your faucet, and it’s essentially responsible for filtering out the impurities that are in your tap water. It’s capable of making your water more healthy for your body to consume. More specifically, faucet mount water filters are responsible for filtering out soluble minerals, chemicals, and contaminants from your water.
If you are looking for something more robust, read the following guides:
- Pros and Cons of a Whole House Water Filter System
- Pros and Cons of a Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System
- Reverse Osmosis vs. Carbon Water Filters
How do Faucet Water Filters Work?
Faucet water filters use a cartridge filter that’s specifically responsible for filtering out the contaminants from your water. The first step for removing contaminants is to remove the sediment from the water with a non-woven screen that’s wrapped around the cartridge. This screen stops both large and small particles from the water, like rust, dirt, and even sand.
The next process involves the filtering system removing other remaining contaminants in the water using an activated carbon block. This block has a rough surface that contains bombs that are responsible for trapping the contaminants between. When you’re cleaning your water filter, you’re essentially cleaning this carbon block when it’s bombs are filled with contaminants.
The last step of the filtering process involves removing chemicals from your water. This step uses activated carbon filters that reduce the chemicals in your water, like heavy metals, magnesium, and even calcium. This step can also remove any poor tastes or odors from the water.
Benefits of Faucet Mount Water Filters
- Makes your water healthier, since it prevents your body from consuming harmful contaminants
- Easier to install than other water filter systems, since it can be installed within 5 minutes, and most mounts can simply be screwed onto the faucet
- All faucet water filters remove chlorine from your water (even though some mounts vary in their ability to remove certain contaminants, they all remove chlorine)
- Removes any gross tastes or smells from your tap water
- Environmentally friendly, since it doesn’t waste water and it eliminates the need for you to constantly purchase water bottles
- Low maintenance (other filtering systems require that you refill a container or constantly clean a filter, but faucet mounts only require that you install the system and then clean the filter out every few weeks, depending on how often you use the filter)
How to Install a Faucet Water Filter
Step by step instructions for installing a faucet water filter:
- Remove the faucet’s aerator, which is the end piece on the tip of your current faucet. It’s screwed on, so simply un-screw the aerator.
- Put the aerator on the inserts that come with the filter. Test out each insert to find the one that works best to fit with your faucet.
- Screw the new aerator with the inserts back onto your faucet.
- Mount the water filter onto the new insert.
- Some water filters don’t already come with the cartridge pre-installed into the device, so if that’s your device, then you should put the cartridge into the filter now.
- Let your water run through he filter for a few minutes so that it can activate the filtering system before your consume the filtered water product.
For those more visually inclined, here’s a YouTube video to help you better understand how to install the faucet water filter.
Top 11 Best Faucet Mount Water Filters
Here are the top 11 best faucet mount water filters for your consideration, listed in no particular order. The focus is on features so you can make the best choice for your needs.
You’re highly recommended to check out this water filter because it can be installed without using any tools. Not only that, but this filter also has the ability to filter more than 60 contaminants out of your tap water, such as lead, chlorine, benzene, and asbestos.
In addition to these benefits, you’re also recommended to check out this water filter because the filter only needs replaced around every 4 months, which is beneficial because that’s longer than most of the other water filters on the market.
- EASY AND CONVENIENT: This Brita water filtration system attaches to your standard faucet making tap water cleaner and great-tasting. Filtration system is easy to install; no tools required. Height 8.25"; Width 2.38"; Length/Depth 6"; Weight 0.84 pounds
- REDUCES LEAD: Water filter system filters out 60 contaminants such as 99% lead, chlorine (taste and odor), benzene and asbestos contaminants* that may be found in tap water. *Substances reduced may not be in all users' water
- FILTER CHANGE REMINDER: For optimum performance, a helpful green and red light lets you know when your filter is working and when it needs to be replaced with a 1-click filter replacement. Replace your tap water filter every 4 months for the average family
|Tool-less installation||Only works on standard faucets, not spray-style faucets or pull-out faucets|
|Large amount of contaminants filtered|
This water filter is highly recommended because it has the ability to filter up to 320 gallons of water, which is essentially up to 6 months of use. This is beneficial because most filters have to be replaced after only a couple months of use.
Furthermore, this filter removes lead and fluoride from your tap water, since it has upgraded filtration technology. Additionally, it’s capable of filtering water at a fast rate, since it can fill up to 4 water bottles in use a minute.
- 320 GALLONS' LONG-LASTING FILTER LIFE: Each faucet filter provides 320 gallons of cleaner water, or 3 months of typical use - that's 2x longer than most faucet filters. 3-pack replacement filters are available for purchase! (Search "WD-FF-01A")
- LEAD & FLUORIDE REMOVAL: Upgraded filtration technology to remove lead, fluoride and other contaminants, offering safer and refreshing water for you and your family.
- FAST&EFFECTIVE: The innovative ACF material features great and fast filtration. You will fill up 4 water bottles (16.9 oz for each) in 1 minute.
|Filters 320 gallons of water, which can last up to 6 months||Only fits standard faucets|
|Removes lead, fluoride, and other contaminants|
|Comes with 1 extra replacement filter|
You should check out this water filter because it contains an LED indicator that can display the status of the filter and when it needs to be changed, which is beneficial because you can be sure that you’re drinking clean water all the time. This water system is capable of filtering 100 gallons of water, which can last up to 2-3 months of use.
This water system filters out up to 70 contaminants, like lead and chlorine, which is beneficial because having these impurities in your water can create negative health effects.
- NOTE : This faucet mount doesn't fit all faucets; Please do refer to the instruction manual
- PUR ADVANCED FAUCET WATER FILTER:PUR Advanced Faucet Filter in Chrome attaches to your sink faucet, for easy, quick access to cleaner, great tasting filtered water;An LED indicator displays the filter status, so you know when it needs a replacement
- FAUCET WATER FILTER:PUR's faucet filters are certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including 99 percent of lead, so you know you're drinking cleaner water;They provide 100 gallons of filtration, or 2 3 months of typical use, before you need a replacement
|Can filter up to 100 gallons of water||More expensive than some of the other water filters on the market|
|Filters out over 70 contaminants|
|Has an LED light that shows when the filter needs replaced|
This product is highly recommended for you because it has the ability to filter water of atrazine, chlorine, lindane, lead, and other contaminants. It can also remove any bad odors or taste from your tap water as well.
When you purchase this package, it comes with a cartridge for you to install into the filter, and it filters your water using a carbon block method. Additionally, this water system can filter up to 200 gallons of water before needing a filter changed.
- Advanced Filter Faucet Mount with 0.5 gpm flow rate at 60 psi
- Simple diverter tab allows quick switch from advanced quality filtered water to regular tap water
- Faucet filter and cartridge are easy-to-install, no tools required
|Filters up to 200 gallons of water before needing replaced||More expensive than some other filters on the market|
|Has a temperature range of 40-100 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Contains a pressure range of 20-100 psi|
You’re recommended to check out this filter because it has the ability to remove algae, rust, bleach, and other harmful impurities from your tap water. Additionally, it has a fast flow rate, measuring 2 liters per minute.
Furthermore, this filter has multiple outlet modes, like water purification mode, column mode, and spray mode, which is beneficial because you can save more water by switching between different modes.
- Health Comes with Every Drop: Weiai faucet water purifier system can filter impurities and particles,improve the taste of drinking water .Experience pure water and what you should get from the tap.
- Strong Adsorption Capacity and Durability:Enhanced multiple filtration system,2 liters per minute high speed water flow rate,absorbs harmful substances,retains valuable minerals and trace elements,safe to use.
- Multiple Outlet Modes:Water purification mode,Water column mode,Spray mode.The spray mode can save water 30 percent-70 percent.Convenient in adjustment and usage.Transparent lid helps to focus on filter status,extend the serving time of purifier or cleaning filter in time.
|Saves you water by offering different water modes||Company doesn’t release information about how often the filter needs changed|
|Cleaning sandpaper is included in the package|
|Transparent lid is connected to the device to prevent leaking from occurring|
This filter has an LED indicator that shows you when the filter needs replaced, so you can be sure to always be drinking clean water. It can also filter up to 100 gallons of water, which is beneficial for lasting up to 2-3 months.
This water system can filter out over 70 contaminants, like chlorine and lead.
- PUR FAUCET WATER FILTER: PUR Faucet Filter in Grey attaches to your sink faucet, for easy, quick access to cleaner, great-tasting filtered water. An LED indicator displays the filter status, so you know when it needs a replacement.
- FAUCET WATER FILTER: PUR's faucet filters are certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including 99% of lead, so you know you're drinking cleaner water. They provide 100 gallons of filtration, or 2-3 months of typical use, before you need a replacement.
- WHY FILTER WATER? Home tap water may look clean, but may contain potentially harmful pollutants & contaminants picked up on its journey through old pipes. PUR water filters, faucet filtration systems & water filter pitchers reduce these contaminants.
|Filters 100 gallons of water before replacement||Customers claim that the water comes out in a small stream|
|Removes over 70 contaminants|
|Has an LED indicator for a filter change|
This filter is recommended for you because it prevents bacteria from growing in the faucet, improves the taste of your water, and removes impurities, like sand, rust, and dirt.
This filter’s water flow is fast, since it has the ability to release 8 cups of water per minute. It can easily be installed, since it can simply be screwed onto your faucet.
- High-quality food grade 304 stainless steel housing, Cracking-proof and no-leakage, durable and long life time;
- The most advanced Activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) filtration technology, inhibit bacterial growth, improve taste, and remove dirt, sand, rust, organics,ect.NOT for reducing TDS;
- Speedy water flow: 0.5GPM filtered water, 8 cups (8.5oz/cup) of clean water per minute, instant relief of thirsty ;
|Stainless steel, so it matches any kitchen decor||More expensive than other filters on the market|
|Reduces chemicals as well as bad odors and tastes from your water|
|Can release 2 liters in one minute|
This filter has the ability to release 320 gallons of water before needing replaced, which is beneficial if you’re constantly using water from your tap. This filter’s also recommended for you if you’re safe about what you consume, since it’s BPA-free and is made of food-grade materials.
This filtering device also has a 2-stage switch that lets you switch the water from tap water to save water and then to pure water.
- Long Lasting & High-Flow Rate--Compared with most tap water purifier on market, our tap water purifier can deliver 320 gallons(6 months) of clean and fresh water, replace 2400 bottles 16.9oz water, has more than 3 times lifetime than many other faucet water filters, 0.53gpm high flow rate design helps you obtain1 cup pure water(7oz) just in 6 seconds
- Ultra-Adsorptive Material--The kitchen faucet water filter activated Carbon Fiber (ACF) material features 10 to 12 times better adsorption capacity than ordinary carbon, and protect you and your family's health
- Differment Design & BPA Free--An elegant appearance design makes this faucet water filter fits many kitchen and bathroom decors; BPA free, made of food grade materials, which avoids secondary pollution of drinking water by water purification equipment, ensuring you enjoy a safer drinking water
|Each filter release 320 gallons of water||Only works with standard faucets, no pull-out faucets or spray-style ones|
|Has multiple stages to switch from|
|BPA-free and made of food grade materials|
This filter removes chlorine, mercury, chloramine, germs, lead, and other contaminants from your tap water. It has a long-lasting filter life, since it can release up to 500 gallons of water before the filter needs replaced.
This filter also has a fast flow rate of filling up 10 water bottles in 1 minute, so it’s recommended for you if you don’t have a large amount of time to spend getting water.
- Unparalleled Filtration Efficiency (Removes chlorine, chloramine, germs, cysts, lead, mercury, lindane, atrazine, VOCs & many other contaminants)
- Stable Filtration Performance
- Long-Lasting Filter Life up to 500 Gallon (8 months)
|Releases 500 gallons of water||More expensive than some other devices on the market|
| Can fill up to 10 bottles of water in 1 minute|
This filter gives you the option if receiving filtered water or unfiltered water, so it’s recommended for you if you do dishes in your sink all the time. It filters impurities as well as odors and bad tastes. It’s easy to install and can be installed in only a few minutes.
- EFFICIENT FILTRATION SYSTEM: The high quality coconut shell activated carbon and other materials in the filter core. 10 to 12 times better adsorption capacity than ordinary carbon. Effectively remove impurities, filter out unpleasant odors and soften hard water. Making tap water cleaner and great-tasting
- HEALTH PROTECTION: The filtered water is clean and tasty, making it more suitable for home cooking, cleaning fruits and vegetables. Better water quality is more suitable for pregnant women, infants and the elderly with poor resistance
- EASY to INSTALL: Installation is a DIY, just takes a few minutes. Please Refer to picture 2 Carefully, we provide you with internal thread interface, external thread interface, universal interface to meet the needs of different types of faucets
|Easy to install||Only fits standard faucets|
|Filters out harmful substances, bad odors, and bad tastes|
|Cheaper than most other devices|
This filter has the ability to indicate the status of the filter, so you can always be aware of when the filter needs changed. It also filters 100 gallons of water, which can last up to 2-3 months of use. This water system filters out over 70 contaminants, so it’s recommended if you’re concerned about consuming safe water.
- PUR ADVANCED FAUCET WATER FILTER:PUR Advanced Faucet Filter in Chrome attaches to your sink faucet, for easy, quick access to cleaner, great-tasting filtered water. A CleanSensor Monitor displays filter status, so you know when it needs replacement. Dimensions: 6.75 W x 2.875 H x 5.25 L
- FAUCET WATER FILTER: PUR's MineralClear faucet filters are certified to reduce over 70 contaminants, including 99% of lead, so you know you're drinking cleaner, great-tasting water. They provide 100 gallons of filtered water, or 2-3 months of typical use
- WHY FILTER WATER? Home tap water may look clean, but may contain potentially harmful pollutants & contaminants picked up on its journey through old pipes. PUR water filters, faucet filtration systems & water filter pitchers reduce these contaminants
|Filters 100 gallons of water||Some customers complain of some leaking problems|
|Removes over 70 contaminants|
|Has a CleanSensor monitor that shows the status of the filter|
Overall, there are various types of water filters on the market, as well as various types of faucet water filters to choose from. You should consider the type of filter that you want, what size filter, the features that come with every system, as well as the price of every filter. Given the negative impacts on your health that continuously consuming tap water can cause, you should check out the faucet water filters on this list today.