If you are going to take on HIIT workouts, you need HIIT equipment. This guide breaks down why you need HIIT specific equipment, the type of HIIT equipment, and top 11 best to choose from. Lets ‘HIIT’ this!
- 1 Why You Need High-Intensity Interval Training Specific Equipment
- 2 High-Intensity Interval Training Types – Which best suits you
- 3 Top 11 Best High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Equipment
- 3.1 Fitness Insanity Resistance Bands Set
- 3.2 AmazonBasics Kettlebell
- 3.3 SportBit Jump Rope
- 3.4 Resistance Exercise Loops
- 3.5 321 Strong Foam Roller
- 3.6 RBX Weight Training Slam Ball
- 3.7 Entersports Ab Roller Wheel
- 3.8 Bowflex SelectTech 552 Dumbbell
- 3.9 Elite Sportz Abdominal Mat
- 3.10 Day 1 Fitness Wood Plyometric Box
- 3.11 Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights
- 4 Conclusion
Why You Need High-Intensity Interval Training Specific Equipment
When discussing HIIT, you have to mention individual words, including fun, exhilarating, mind-blowing, and high-intensity. A lot of fitness instructors will tell you that it is a game-changer in the field. However, to get the most out of the program, you need HIIT equipment. Let us take an in-depth look at some of the benefits of using these equipment.
Track your workout
One of the key aspects that most individuals overlook when starting the workout is tracking their progress. Understand that with these equipment, you get to have a real-time analysis of your progress. You can effectively plan for the week or an entire month when using the equipment.
Whenever you decide to start a workout program, you usually have a goal in mind. However, to achieve that goal, it is paramount that you track your workout. The beauty of tracking your workout is that you challenge yourself more while celebrating the small wins.
More effective workout
Using the specific HIIT equipment, you can quickly get a more effective workout. According to the British Journal of Sports medicine, High-Intensity Interval Training lets you burn fat 28% faster than moderate exercise. Through the use of the equipment, you ensure that your body gets a more effective workout. You can, therefore, benefit more from a fitness program.
Although High-Intensity Interval Training can be done anywhere without any kind of equipment, it is always recommended to integrate the required equipment. Since you will be working out from home, why not invest in a few pieces of equipment to help you achieve your desired goal.
The good news is that High-Intensity Interval Training specific equipment isn’t as expensive as you might be thinking. Yes, there may be a few exceptions that might be extremely expensive for your home gym. However, the equipment is mostly budget-friendly, and you won’t need to break the bank.
Your gym will get a facelift without you needing to spend a fortune. It’s always great to work out with family and friends making these pieces of equipment almost essential.
High-Intensity Interval Training Types – Which best suits you
The most popular form of High-Intensity Interval Training is Tabatha since it is ideal for both advanced athletes and beginners. The full workout includes eight rounds broken up by 10 seconds of rest and 20 seconds of work. Once you get to 4 minutes, you can move on to the next exercise. You get to exercise quadriceps, glutes, back muscles, and core.
Cardio High-Intensity Interval Training
With cardio, the main focus is elevating the heart rate. You must seek advice from your doctor before you start this program. The good news is that cardio helps you improve bone density, burn calories, and rejuvenate the cardiovascular system. In addition, you get to exercise your lower back, core, glutes, and hamstrings.
Full-body High-Intensity Interval Training
Regardless of your level of fitness, a full-body workout will always be a great option. It is a form of internal training, making it more effective than long sessions of cardio. You get to lose weight and tone muscles, making it ideal for all individuals.
Top 11 Best High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Equipment
The following HIIT equipment is listed in no particular order across the HIIT equipment types categories.
Resistance bands are an excellent substitute for regular weights. You get to do the same leg, core, and arm exercises that you would normally do using these resistance bands. These durable latex tubes feel quite comfortable when doing heavy-duty exercises at home.
The fitness Insanity Resistance Bands set is a great alternative when you want to build different muscle groups without lifting any weight. The good news is that the bands are designed to withstand daily exercise sessions.
|Made from highly durable material that can withstand intense exercise||Includes defective bands that may snap during an intense workout session. The defective band usually snaps where it meets the handle. However, getting an imperfect band is quite rare|
|You get a complete package that includes a workout guide, door anchor, two ankle straps, three cushioned straps, and five fitness resistance bands|
- Your personal home gym – Got no time to head down to your local gym every day? With this set of resistance bands, you can enjoy a full body workout without even stepping out of your home.
- Train different muscle groups – Use these fitness bands to perform rows, pulls, raises, and fly workout sets to exercise your arms, back, hips, legs, chest, and abdominal region. You can use resistance bands to replace dumbbells or weights.
- Ready for daily use – Fitted with durable latex tubes, reinforced links, and heavy-duty carabiners, these exercise bands are designed to withstand intense daily exercise sessions.
Although kettlebells don’t look like much, they are very beneficial in workout sessions. Using the AmazonBasics Kettlebell, you can safely perform a lot of resistance-training exercises at home. The wide handle on this kettlebell makes it easy for you to have a comfortable and secure grip.
It weighs 50 pounds, which gives you enough weight to achieve maximum gains. You also get a painted surface that increases both durability and corrosion resistance.
Don’t forget to get the right Kettlebell rack to maximize your workout and safety.
|Different weight options are available, including 10, 15, and 25 pounds.||The wobbly bottom which makes it quite dangerous when performing specific exercises|
|Supports a wide range of exercises||The painted coating is not as durable as solid-cast iron kettlebells|
|Textured wide handle that increases comfort|
- Kettlebell supports a wide range of resistance-training exercises
- Made of solid high-quality cast iron for reliable built-to-last strength
- Painted surface for increased durability and corrosion protection
Jump ropes are usually taken for granted by most individuals. However, you need these jumping ropes if you want to achieve a solid cardio workout. You also get to improve your reflexes and hand-eye coordination.
The SportBit Jump Rope features adjustable cables making them perfect from individuals with different heights. The unisex design of this HIIT Equipment also ensures that everyone can use these jumping ropes comfortably while at the home gym.
|The six-month warranty gives you peace of mind||It does not feature a tangle-free design|
|Versatility since you get to adjust the height|
|Portable and lightweight design ensuring you get the most from your exercise|
- ADDITIONAL WARRANTY - Customers who shared their Experience with the rope applied for 6 months full warranty (replacement/refund)
- SUITABLE FOR ANY HEIGHT: Easily adjustable cable - comes in a 10feet 4inches or 315cm (Check the e-Book manual before shortening the cable)
- SUPERIOR CONTROL: SPORTBIT jumping ropes are weighted just enough to feel the rope spin - this gives you more control.
When working with limited space, you will need resistance exercise loops. These loops are great for workouts because they significantly increase resistance when performing common exercises, including arm workouts, squats, and lifts.
The resistance loops are quite affordable and come in 5 different resistance levels. The different colors will help you distinguish the various tensile forces. You also get a manual to help you get the most from this equipment.
|Versatility since they can be used for different exercises||Only 5 included loops which means that you may need to buy a second set|
|An included manual to help you make the most from your purchase|
|A set of 5 different strengths to help you keep track of your progress|
- Skin-friendly resistance bands:The Resistance bands made of premium quality natural latex material,Allows long-term contact with the skin and is harmless,it is soft and comfortable,will provides you with a soft,smooth and comfortable exercise experience.
- 5 Different Resistance Levels: A set of resistance bands includes five colors representing different tensile force. Each provides a workout level, suitable for a variety of sports purposes for women and men, like gym, yoga, training.
- For scientific training, 5 graduated strengths is marked with max strength values. 1 set is enough to help work out your whole body, both big muscle groups and small muscles. Also, sharing them spice up the whole family.
A successful workout includes letting the muscles recover quickly. The foam roller is the ideal equipment that improves your muscle recovery time drastically. You get to eliminate all the lactic acid that builds up in the muscles during workouts quickly and effectively.
The lightweight and ergonomic design of the 321 STRONG foam roller set it apart from the rest of the competition. You get a comfortable foam roller that is among the best recovery tools in the market. It also increases flexibility and performance, which is a huge plus.
Check out the top 11 best foam rollers guide for more options.
|Lightweight and ergonomic design||A bit expensive according to some customers|
|Constructed from soft material that significantly increases muscle recovery time|
|Increases flexibility and performance|
- 12. 75 inches x 5. 25 inch diameter , lightweight yet rugged solid core massage roller with EVA tread and triple grid 3D massage zones mimics the finger , palm , and thumb of a therapist's hands .
- Medium density muscle roller is comfortable to use - making it easy for beginners , but still effective at penetrating the soft tissue layer of tired muscles . Soft enough to use while in pain from lower back injury , sciatica or plantar fasciitis .
- One of the best recovery tools to treat muscle pain , increase performance and flexibility. Rolling before and after exercise sis part of a great stretching routine . Increases blood flow to massage site , flushing away stored lactic acid .
You are probably wondering what a slam ball is and why you need it. Well, a slam ball is a massive ball that you slam down repeatedly until you feel dizzy. You get to work lots of muscles at once, thereby giving you an excellent workout in the end.
The RBX Weight Training Slam Ball is filled with sand, which means that it won’t roll or bounce off during the workout session. The textured groove rubber casing ensures that you have a firm and comfortable grip the entire time.
|Works out an array of muscles||Can be slightly noisy especially from homes with young children|
|It is relatively cheap and easy to store|
- BUILD YOUR STRENGHT: Build core strength and rotational power plus boost aerobic capacity and endurance with this 10-pound weighted medicine ball, which is filled with sand to prevent it from bouncing or rolling.
- ENHANCED DESIGN: Our 10lb medical ball is engineered for increased durability to withstand you most vigorous workouts, the weighted exercise ball's soft touch flex rubber exterior features a grooved, textured surface provides maximum grip even with sweaty hands.
- EXERCISE ON THE GO: Turn any spot into your own personal gym and enjoy a varied, full-body workout with our weighted ball for exercise that will help increase stability and balance control, promote and maintain lean muscle mass, and improve range of motion.
The ab roller wheel is essential in almost all workout programs that you come across. You get to strengthen your core while shredding your abs quickly and effectively. The Entersports Ab Roller Wheel is a necessity in home gyms due to its affordable price and an ultra-wide ab wheel. While considered a bit of weird fitness, they are extremely effective.
These rollers won’t wobble when subjected to lots of weight, making it perfect for individuals looking to lose weight fast. The sturdy stainless steel construction ensures that you get your money’s worth when you purchase this HIIT product.
|Wide wheels increase stability and control||The wheel is not a tight fit according to some customers|
|Ergonomic grip ensures safety during workout sessions|
- Ultra-wide ab wheel -- Our wheel is 3.2” width, while other brands are half that size! This gives you superior stability, allowing unrestricted movement for a more intense workout, They won't wobble holding up to 600 pounds.
- Superior Quality -- The ab wheel is made of strong stainless steel, non-slip TPR and durable PVC. Ensure safety and comfort, silence. Never damage carpet or wood floor.
- Free Bonus Gifts and Multi-Directional Ab Core Workout -- The AB roller kit comes with two resistance bands, a knee pad, and Push Up Bars Handles Grips. The resistance band can provide resistance on the way out and a controlled return, The combination of resistance rope and push-up support allows your muscles to get the most out of exercise in a short time. the comfortable knee pad can protect your knees from getting hurt
When you need a dumbbell that is both adjustable and unique, you must consider the Bowflex. It features a simple design that won’t cover most of your gym space. It is always a great idea to consider space when buying equipment for your gym.
This dumbbell is different from the rest due to its automatic weight change. With just a simple dial turn, you can change the resistance from 5 pounds to 52.5 pounds. You get 15 sets in one, which is excellent considering its affordable price.
|Space-efficient design that lets you make the most of your gym space||The locking mechanism might have a few issues after prolonged use|
|It allows you to quickly shift from one exercise to the next thanks to the adjustable feature|
No products found.
During some workout routines, you will have to support your lower back. The abdominal mat lets you keep up with vigorous exercises without straining your lower back. You can comfortably do sit-ups and other ab exercises without feeling any sort of pain on your back.
The Elite Sportz Abdominal mat is made from a comfortable material that isn’t too soft or too hard. You get the perfect balance that lets you effectively reduce strain during exercises.
|Helps prevent lower back injury||The form might be a little hard at first|
|Made from comfortable material|
- WELL MADE and EXACTLY WHAT YOUR'E LOOKING FOR, our sit up mat is high quality, works great and you'll find the back support is exactly what you were looking for in a sit up pad
- WORKS GREAT IN MAKING SIT UPS MORE COMFORTABLE, not too hard, not too soft, this great sit up mat supports your lower back while doing sit ups, reducing strain and without hurting your back
- FULL RANGE OF MOTION, FULL BENEFIT FAST, having a great lower back support like ours, means you're seriously targeting those abs, removing all the strain, and most importantly maintaining good form in doing a sit up
The most significant item that you need for your gym is the plyometric box. The good news is that you can use the box to store smaller equipment, including the resistance bands, jumping ropes, and ab roller wheel.
This plyometric box by Day 1 Fitness includes rounded corners that enhance safety. You also get to incorporate it into several workouts, thus ensuring you gain more power. It is easy to assemble, meaning that you can get to your workout almost immediately.
|The box can be used for a variety of workouts||Storage might be an issue depending on the size of your gym|
|Relatively affordable and easy to assemble|
- SUPERIOR PLYO BOX: This premium plyometric box by Day 1 Fitness is the perfect way to train your vertical leap, coordination and gain explosive power! Develop your quadriceps and enhance your metabolism with this intense workout box!
- 3 SIZES IN 1 BOX: Our crossfit boxes come in 4 different sizes to suit your needs, whether you are a beginner or a professional athlete seeking a challenge. Each box can be rotated 3 different ways for more difficult heights to boost your exercises.
- VERSATILE EXERCISE EQUIPMENT: In addition to building power, explosiveness and coordination, you can use our crossfit box for a total body workout! Perform tricep dips, incline push-ups, reverse lunges, split squats, and more for intense workouts!
Wrist and ankle weights will greatly intensify any workout. You get to choose different weights, thus ensuring that you get the most from the exercise. The good news is that you also get to prevent injury thanks to the compression.
The Nordic Lifting Ankle/Wrist Weights are fully adjustable with a high-quality Velcro pad. The neoprene padding and reinforced stitching also enhance safety during workouts.
|Durable and comfortable design||The construction material might discolor with age|
|Helps increase performance during workouts|
|Fully adjustable thus ensuring versatility|
- Knee Sleeves Taking Your Performance to the Next Level - by Premium Weightlifting Brand Nordic Lifting
- Compression is Proven to Promote Muscle Recovery & Injury Prevention
- Perfect for Weight Lifting, Cross Training, Powerlifting, Gym and Other Heavy Fitness Workouts
It doesn’t take much equipment to compliment your HIIT workout. With the variety of exercises out there, it may be better to use a online training program such as Aaptiv. The benefit of guided training will ensure a regular and track-able program.
Additionally, the motivation will prevent your jump box from becoming a piece of furniture. Whatever you choose for HIIT equipment for your home gym, make sure it fits into your workout space. Using the guide on the ultimate home smart gym can help.