Whether performing your favorite set of functional fitness exercises, or sp inning away on your Peloton bike, you build up sweat… and where there is sweat, there is stink. Get rid of foul gym odor, impurities, and allergies with an home gym air purifier. This guide lists the reasons why you need an air purifier in your home gym, the types of filters, and top 11 best to choose from.
- 1 Why Do You Need an Home Gym Air Purifier?
- 2 Home Gym Air Filter Types
- 3 What Are the Top 11 Home Gym Air Purifiers?
- 3.1 Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier
- 3.2 Blueair Classic 605 Air Purifier
- 3.3 Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Air Purifier
- 3.4 Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier
- 3.5 Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier
- 3.6 RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier
- 3.7 AIRMEGA 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier
- 3.8 Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier for Home
- 3.9 Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier
- 3.10 Elechomes Air Purifiers
- 3.11 RENPHO Air Purifier
- 4 Conclusion
Why Do You Need an Home Gym Air Purifier?
There are three main reasons to get an air purifier for your home gym. The first is odor elimination, as no one wants to work out in a smelly place. Secondly is removing dust and other air impurities so each breath is of clean and healthy air. The last is allergy control, as you are already generating histamine when exercising, and seasonal and long term allergies could cause unnecessary suffering.
Working out in your home gym will cause the smell of sweat to enter the air. If you do not clean the air before, during, and after your workout, the musty, sour smell that develops will linger. A home gym air purifier does make your room smell better. You don’t want the smell of your workout traveling throughout your home or irritating your next workout.
Remove Dust and Other Air Impurities
Floating dust particles and other air impurities can irritate your eyes and your throat as you workout. Having air thick with particles will stop your workout from being as successful as you would want it to be. It will also keep your airways open as you breathe harder during your workouts.
Unfortunately, a lot of dust, pollen, and other allergens are in our air every day. Having an air purifier can remove them while you work out. You will be free from allergen irritations and be able to keep working out to the best of your abilities. You will also stay healthier while you work out with an air purifier helping you to open your lungs up.
Home Gym Air Filter Types
Not all air purifiers are equal, and the one you choose should reflect the best you can buy for your at-home gym. You will want one that many of the following features.
HEPA is one of the best ways to filter air when you want to remove small particles from their air, allergens, smells, and anything else that might interfere with your workout. The HEPA filtration system can remove almost everything in the air of your at-home gym with 0.1 microns or smaller in size. The at home gym air filter lasts around a year if you use it regularly, but other brands and filter types will last up to five years.
Carbon or Charcoal Air Filter
Having a charcoal/ carbon air filter helps rid your room of odors. Having a charcoal/carbon air filter is something you will want for an at-home gym as it will eliminate the smells that are associated with a hard workout. The filter will absorb more than just workout smells, but chemicals, pet smells, and smoke.
Ionic Air Purifier/Ionizer
Ionic air purifiers use negatively charged ion particles known as anions to positively charge any air pollutants floating in the air, such as pollen, dust, gas particles or bacteria. The bonds they form help the particles become heavy. The heavy particles will then settle onto surfaces around your gym and absorb into your air filter. An at home gym air filter should remove any debris that remains in your gym will require you to clean them up through old fashioned dusting and mopping.
Ultraviolet (UV) light filters act to bind to different types of viruses, protozoa, pollen, bacteria, and mildew particles that float in the air. The UV filter works to burn the microbes and alter them to prevent them from being able to reproduce. The inhibited microbes will be unable to cause you to get sick or for them to spread across surfaces that can get sticky with sweat.
Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Filter (MCS Filter)
The Multiple Chemical Sensitivity filter is a filter for people with a lot of allergies or chemical allergies. The filter works to remove anything floating in the air that can make you sneeze or would irritate your eyes or throat. The use of an MCS filter is something your home gym air purifier requires even if you are not overly sensitive to ant allergens. However, it will keep you breathing strong and prevent you from having to stop your workout.
What Are the Top 11 Home Gym Air Purifiers?
With the aforementioned in mind, here are the best air purifiers for home gyms. They are listed in no particular order with pros and cons to help you make the best decision for your home gym purification needs.
The Blue Pure 211+ Air Purifier comes with an advanced filtration system that captures up to ninety-nine percent of air pollutants such as bacteria, mold, dust, pollen, viruses, and pet dander. The filtration system works to eliminate airborne irritants as well as odors through the use of a carbon filter.
The carbon filter works to remove any odors from your home work out gym. The filter can work to remove odors from things other than sweat and body odor, and it also removes VOCs, gases, smoking, cooking, and pet odors. The carbon filter is the main thing you need to eliminate workout odors.
- Advanced Swedish Design. Swedish Filter Technology Captures 99% of Airborne Pollutants Like Viruses, Pollen, Dust, Pet Dander, Mold, Bacteria and More
- Eliminates odors. Activated carbon filter reduces gases, VOCs, and annoying odors from pets, smoking, cooking, wildfires and more
- Colorful. Includes machine washable fabric pre-filters in diva blue and dark shadow. Leave the mesh filter housing exposed for a Scandinavian look
|The Blue Air 211+ Air Purifier captures up to ninety-nine percent of air pollutants||The Blue Air 211+ Air Purifier can have a smell when it is new|
|This air purifier helps to eliminate all kinds of odors||The noise will increase as the filter gets dirtier|
|The air purifier has machine washable pre-filters|
The Blueair Classic 605 Air Purifier has three different speeds of air filtration to choose from. The lower setting has a whisper operation that is perfect for during your workout when you want the least amount of sound for your most effective workout.
The Air Purifier comes with HEPA and AHAM ratings for quality of use. The HEPA performance is superior at catching up to 99.7 percent of airborne particles and irritants such as pollen, mold, pet dander, and dust. The AHAM rating is for rooms at least 700 square feet, so a larger workout gym well is clean with a CADR rating of 500 cubic feet.
- Battle allergies, asthma and hay fever with HEPASilent technology which leverages electrostatic charge and mechanical filtration to deliver true HEPA performance capturing 99.97% of air airborne pollutants including dust, mold, pet dander, pollen.
- Certified clean air delivery rate (CADR) of 500 cubic feet per minute with a superior, 5 air changes per hour
- 3 fan speeds including whisper quiet operation allow you to breathe and sleep easier without disruption
|The BlueAir Classic 605 Air Purifier has high HEPA, AHAM, and CADR ratings||The air purifier can cause an odor when it is new|
|This air purifier removes up to 99.7 percent of airborne particles||The air purifier generates ozone|
|The air purifier uses dual filters for an extra level of clean|
The Honeywell True HEPA Allergen Air Purifier is extra-large. It is for rooms that are at least 465 square feet. The larger air purification system can capture up to 99.97 percent of floating air particles as small as 0.3 microns.
The Air Purification System uses three air cleaning levels along with a Turbo Clean setting that removes all kinds of mold, dust, pet dander, pollen as well as germs. The Filters also remove odors that can develop while you work out, stale air, or any other air polluters. The filters will run up to five times an hour, depending on the number of particles floating in the air.
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER: Recommended for extra large rooms (465 square feet) this True HEPA Allergen Remover Air Purifier helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- TURBO CLEAN: With 3 air cleaning levels plus a Turbo Clean setting, this air purifier helps remove particles like pet dander, pollen, dust, mold & smoke. It also helps capture certain germs & reduce odors.
- HONEYWELL AIR PURIFIERS: Our air purifiers help remove allergens, dust & odors. If you have allergies, pets or stale indoor air, air purifiers help remove airborne particles & help improve air quality.
|The Honeywell removes up to 99.7 percent of floating air pollutants||The air purifier can have an odor when new|
|This air purifier removes mold, pet dander, germs, and pollen||The air purifier can make noise if the air filter is full|
|The air purifier absorbs all kinds of odors|
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier uses multiple things to filter and purify the air. The Winix air purifier has a HEPA filter, PlasmaWave filter, and AOC carbon odor removing filter made with carbon granules. The HEPA filter will remove 99.97 percent of pollutants including, pollen, pet dander, dust mites, and anything else that is 0.3 microns or larger.
The Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier comes with smart sensors that are testing the air periodically. They also have an auto mode that will adjust the fan and degree of air filtration as needed and a sleep mode for a silent night time air purification.
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
|The Winix 5500-2 air purifier is a smart air purifier with adjustable modes and air settings||Devices with similar frequency might interrupt the use of the air purifier sensors|
|This air purifier has multiple levels of filtration, including a PlasmaWave filter and an AOC odor removing the filter||The device can emit ozone with frequent use|
|The Winix 5500-2 air purifier 99.97 percent of pollutants|
The Coway AP-1512HH Mighty Air Purifier is a sleek four-stage filtration system, which uses a pre-filter, a deodorizing filter, a True HEPA filter, and a vital ion filter to capture and purify the air. The four-stage purification will remove up to 99.97 percent of airborne particles 0.3 microns in size. The system will remove pollutants, pollens, allergens, organic compounds, and odor.
The Air Purifier works to purify rooms up to 361 square feet with CADR ratings for the dust of 246, pollen 240, and smoke 233 cubic feet. The purifier works to sense how much pollutant is in the air and will automatically through three different stages or manually as you choose. The air purifier has an automatic shutdown feature to turn off if no pollutants are detected for at least thirty minutes.
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
|The Coway Air Purifier uses four stages to filter your air||The Coway air filter can start to make popping noises with heavy use|
|This air purifier has three different fan stages to choose from||The fan in the air purifier can turn noisy with dirty filters|
|The Conway Air Purifier has an Eco mode to save energy|
The RabbitAir MinusA2 Ultra Quiet HEPA Air Purifier is a very slim multi-filter purifier. The design allows for it to stand alone on a table, the floor, or mount on the wall. The Rabbit Air Purifier is a large volume air purifier with a maximum room purification of 700 square feet. The cover of the air purifier can be almost any picture you would want on the cover of it from a quiet sunset to a painting by Monet.
The air purifier contains six different types of filters that work together with the clean and purify the air. The air purifier has a pre-filter, a medium filter, a BioGS HEPA filter, a customized RabbitAir filter, an activated carbon filter, and a negative ion generator.
As the air pass through the six different stages, the air purifies and deodorizes. The Odor filter helps to trap any odors that can be in your workout room and reduce then remove the smells, including the smell from sweat, mildew, cooking, cigarettes, and pets.
- Advanced HEPA filtration with six stages of purification and deodorization
- 5 Year Warranty
- Odor Remover customized filter: Traps and reduces odors from pets, cigarettes and cigars, cooking and mildew.
|The air purifier uses six different air filters to purify the air||The air purifier could be more powerful|
|This RabbitAir Air Purifier deodorizes the air while it purifies||The smart software that comes with it has a lot of glitches|
|The air purifier can sit on the floor, a table or mount on the wall|
The AirMega 300S The Smarter App Enabled Air Purifier is for very large spaces up to 1,256 square feet. The air purifier is ideal for very large workout spaces, such as a completely converted basement. The system runs two times an hour automatically to ensure the air is as clean as possible.
The AirMega uses multiple filters to purify their air, including a carbon filter and a True HEPA filter to catch particles 0.3-micron in size and above. The degree of filtration ensures that at least 99 percent of allergens, pollutants, pollens, organic compounds, and other fumes cleansed from the air. The pre-filter is also washable with a second pre-filter that is permanent, and together, they remove large and small dust particles.
- Coway Airmega 300S room air purifier is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 1, 256 square feet and cleans the air at least two times per hour when used as recommended. 628 square feet and cleans the air at least four times per hour when used as recommended.
- Coway Airmega Max2 filter—combined activated carbon and True HEPA filter—captures and reduces up to 99. 97% of 0. 3 micron particles in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds by more than 99% and reduces fumes such as NH3 and CH3CHO. Includes washable and permanent pre-filter to catch larger dust particles.
- Coway Airmega’s pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality testing in real-time. The brightly colored LED ring lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is, every minute of the day.
|The AirMega is for very large spaces of up to 1,256 square feet||The AirMega App has a lot of bugs|
|This air purifier works to remove particles of 0.3 microns in size or above||WiFi lights and connectivity can fail|
|The AirMega comes with smart technology so you can monitor the air quality of your home work out gym|
The Germ Guardian True HEPA Filter Air Purifier is a three-in-one air purifier. The germ guardian works to remove up to 99.97 percent of airborne dust and allergens 0.3 microns or larger, it kills airborne germs and mold and works to reduce and eliminate odor using a charcoal filter.
The air purifier uses UV light to kill airborne germs and viruses such as the rhinovirus and influenza, which can dramatically affect your workouts. The system of air purification uses Titanium Dioxide to kill or trap volatile compounds and other disease-causing illnesses. It works much the same way to trap allergy-causing particles using the HEPA filter.
- 3-IN-1 AIR PURIFIER FOR HOME - True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- KILLS GERMS - UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- TRAPS ALLERGENS - Pre-filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter
|The Germ Guardian uses kills up to 99.97 percent of airborne dust and allergens||The filters for the Germ Guardian are expensive|
|This air purifier uses UV light to kill viruses such as the rhinovirus and influenza||The air purifier can start to smell with repeat use|
|The air purifier has a HEPA filter|
The Alen BreatheSmart Classic Large Room Air Purifier comes with a classic air filter and a HEPA-Pure air filter to help remove particles from the air like dust, allergens, and pet dander. The unit is small enough to stand in the corner or on a table and comes in multiple colors so you can match your at-home gym.
The air purifier generates soothing noise on the white, pink, or red noise settings, which is not disrupting, and it has multiple auto modes to sweep the air clean, including an ionizer, which is ozone free to remove clumps of molecules in the air.
- BIG ROOMS? NO BIG DEAL: Cleans 1100 SqFt every 30 minutes 3x faster than our competitors. Designed to clean air in large spaces like living rooms, bedrooms, basements, apartments, and open concept areas.
- DUST AND ALLERGY FILTER: Recommended for dust, allergens, pollen, fur, pet dander, and household odors. The True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles up to .3 microns leaving behind clean & fresh air while trapping airborne irritants that cause seasonal allergies & asthma.
- AIR QUALITY SENSOR LIGHT: Blue = Excellent air quality, Orange = Fair air quality, Red = Poor air quality. On "auto mode" the sensor will adjust the speed of the fan to clean the air more effectively when a higher number of particles are present. Watch the light change in real-time as your air is cleaned!
|The Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier removes allergens, dust, and pet dander from the air||The Alen BreatheSmart Air Purifier can have an odor when it is new|
|This Air Purifier has multiple auto modes to choose from, including a cleaning mode||The air purifier is loud|
|The Air filter has an ion filter that can turn on and off|
The Elechomes Air Purifier is a three-stage air filter with a pre-filter that can capture air pollutants and pet air. It also has a HEPA filter that will remove the tiniest dust mites and other allergens from your workout room. It uses a carbon filter to eliminate any odors that build up before, during, and after your workout.
The air purifier has three different fan speeds and a timer to turn it off after a specific length of time. The sensors include a reminder indicator for when the filters are dirty and need to be changed. This usually occurs after 3,000 hours of use.
- EXCELLENT PERFORMANCE: With HEPA H13 f-ilter, which can f-ilter 99.97% of particles and ensure that the captured particles are as small as 0.3 microns. 360° air circulation makes it more powerful in a single room. 100% ozone-free, more reliable to use.
- 3-STAGE FILTRATION: Pre-filters capture dust, dander, pet hair, and more in the air. HEPA f-ilters target 99.97% particles down to 0.3 micron and PM2.5 particles such as smoke, pollen, dust mites and mold spores, while activated carbon f-ilters elimin-ate and re-duce irritating odors such as formaldehyde and benzene.
- COMPACT & POWERFUL: Cleans up to 215 sq.ft in one hour, CADR rate up to 80 m³/h, can easily cover 125 sq.ft of space in 15 minutes. Ideal for office, bedroom, dormitory, baby room.
|The air purifier has a HEPA air filter||The replacement filters are hard to find|
|Elechohomes comes with a pre-filter to catch airborne particles||The air purifier is too small for large rooms|
|The air purifier has three different settings to choose from|
The Renpho Air Purifier uses a three-stage purification system starting with a pre-filter, a true HEPA filter, and an Activated Carbon Filter. All three work together to eliminate up to 99.97 percent of any airborne particles such as dust, odor, pet dander, smoke, allergens, and pollen. The air purifier is very compact, but it can filter up to a medium-sized workout room.
The air purifier has a one-button system that can adjust the fan speeds to your preference, including a sleep mode for quiet, consistent filtration. The Renpho air filter has an air filter replacement indicator light for when it is full. The purifier requires a new filter around every six months with regular use.
- Allergies Relieved&True H13 HEPA Filter: 3 Stage filtration system(Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter and Activated Carbon Filter) effectively eliminates 99.97% of particulates as small as 0.3 microns such as allergens, pollen, dust mites,mold. The asthmatic, seasonal allergies are greatly relieved when using RENPHO air purifier, your sleep quality improved almost immediately.
- Quiet with One-Button Operation: Simply press the power button to adjust the fan speed to your preference. Choose from high, medium, or low fan speed, or select sleep mode to set the device on the quietest setting (37 dB).
- Compact Size but Powerful Purification Performance: Use in your bedrooms, office, children’s room, pet’s room, and other small to medium-size spaces.
|The Renpho air purifier is certified as safe without Ozone depleters, ETL, and CARB standards||The air purifier could be larger|
|Three fan speeds for air filtration||The air purifier filter is very small|
|The air purifier is suitable for medium-sized spaces|
With these great home gym air purifier options, you can feel free to get sweaty and stinky. Make sure to review the air filter types, and be able to change the filters on a regular basis to ensure fresh air and long life for your purifier. Looking for more ways to maximize your home gym? Check out the Home Gym Category for tips, tricks, and reviews.