If you’re at all interested in health and wellness, you’ve no doubt heard the excitement surrounding alkaline water and its benefits. You might even be excited about jumping on this health craze! But there’s a problem: there are a ton of products out there! Have no fear. This article will filter out the gunk (see what we did there?) and give you the top 11 alkaline water filters.
- 1 Why You Need an Alkaline Water Filter
- 2 Types of Alkaline Water Filters
- 3 Top 11 Best Alkaline Water Filters
- 3.1 Aqua Ionizer Deluxe 9.0 Aqua-Ionizer Pro Alkaline Water Ionizer Machine
- 3.2 iSpring RCC7AK 6-Stage High Capacity Under Sink System with Alkaline Remineralization
- 3.3 Express Water Alkaline Reverse Osmosis Filtration System
- 3.4 AQUASPREE Exclusive 7 Stage Alkaline Filter
- 3.5 Apex Countertop Drinking Water Filter, Alkaline
- 3.6 APEX EXPRT MR-2050 Quality Dual Countertop Drinking Water Filter
- 3.7 Pure Hydration Next Generation Alkaline Antioxidant Water Ionizer
- 3.8 iSpring WKB32B WGB32B 3-Stage Whole House Water Filtration System
- 3.9 Invigorated Water Deepa Restore Alkaline Pitcher
- 3.10 pH ACTIVE Insulated Water Bottle
- 3.11 GoFiltr Alkaline – 9.5ph Ionized Mineral Alkaline Water Bottle Filter
- 4 Conclusion
Why You Need an Alkaline Water Filter
Alkaline water has a higher pH level than normal water. The theory is that alkaline water will neutralize acid in your bloodstream and provide a myriad of health benefits. Studies are underway to validate claims that Alkaline water prevents cancer and heart disease, among other ailments.
If you’re looking to experiment with alkaline water, or if you suffer from high blood pressure, high cholesterol, acid reflux, or diabetes, buying an at-home water filter or ionizer is your best bet. It’s far cheaper than buying bottled alkaline water, it’s more convenient, and it ensures your source is as clean as possible.
Here’s the naked truth: companies love jacking up the price of health-related items — especially if there’s a particularly high demand. Alkaline water is big right now. That means bottled water companies are going to skyrocket their shelf prices because they know health-conscious people are always prepared to pay more for better, cleaner, healthier goods. Alkaline water sells for outrageous prices. Some retailers are selling single bottlesfor around $10 USD, while six-packs can range from $20-$40! Yikes!
If you’re drinking your water regularly – and you should be! – then you can easily spend a small fortune on your water. It might seem more expensive in front-end cost, but the value over time means a home alkaline filter is way more bang for your buck.
We lead busy lives! Especially those of us who are trying to stay fit. Between work, friend and family obligations, fitness upkeep, and hobbies, it can be a challenge to get everything done each day. Why add one more chore to your list by constantly having to refill your purified water via store-bought packs or bottles? This is in line with being cheaper, too. You’ll have to make time to go to the store frequently and buy more water, which can translate into higher gas or public transportation costs. That’s no fun — especially if the goal is to find the best, easiest solution!
There is a ton of research out there on the dangers of drinking bottled water. Whether it’s alkaline water or not, water bought in bottles can come with a whole host of problems! There’s always the potential for foreign chemicals to enter your water in the factory and at the collection site. Even worse: water in plastic bottles can become contaminated by plastic molecules and other nasty particulates just from sitting in a bottle. And, yes, some brands are definitely better than others.
Plus, plastic bottles aren’t very sustainable. Let’s not add more to the plastic garbage islands forming in our beautiful oceans, yeah? Buying a home water filter solves this problem immediately.
Types of Alkaline Water Filters
There can be a lot of confusion over alkaline filters. This is because lots of people use alkaline water filters and alkaline water ionizers as interchangeable terms. But they’re different. We’ll avoid all the technical mumbo-jumbo and make it easy: ionizers use electrolysis (zaps of electricity) to change the pH balance in regular water, making it alkaline water. Alkaline water filters run drinking water through mineral filters (and sometimes magnets). Filters usually don’t use electricity.
Aside from those two major categories, the placement of filters and ionizers can vary.
Whole Home Filters/Ionizers
Whole-home filters, or “whole-house filters,” are designed to filter or ionize the water coming into your entire home. They hook up to your house’s plumbing, between the water intake and the pipes branching to the different places in your home. These are expensive and big. They also require professional and experienced installation.
* Note: There are almost no whole-home alkaline ionizers. Whole-home systems are almost always filters, but some do come with alkalizing components.
Under-the-counter (or UTC) filters/ionizers are much smaller than whole-home units. They only filter the water at a local source (i.e.: whatever sink to which they’re attached). These units are installed in a single sink’s plumbing and filter only the water at the sink. They’re much cheaper than whole-home units and require significantly less expertise, but they obviously don’t filter or ionize as much water. There are a few Reverse Osmosis filters that have alkaline components as well.
Most (but not all) countertop filters/ionizers attach directly to a sink’s tap. There are some stand-alone units that can sit on the counter, but those A. aren’t very convenient; B. take up a ton of space; and C. don’t ionizer or filter very much water. If you’re looking for a countertop filter – which requires basically no plumbing experience or professional installation – then you should consider a unit that plugs right into the tap.
Pitchers, Bottles, Etc.
There are smaller ionizers and filters designed for very limited use, usually found in the shape of stand-alone (“drop-in”) filters or bottles. These units are much cheaper than the units that plug directly into plumbing, but they also have a smaller range of use. They’re also not very convenient. Still, these kinds of filters can be great for those trying to filter water on a budget, campers, those on the go, or people in a pinch!
Top 11 Best Alkaline Water Filters
Below is a list of our top 11 choices for alkaline filters. The list is not in any specific order. We’re showcasing a variety of products for you to research, so you’ll see all sorts of ionizers and purifiers. But this is not an exhaustive list of products. As with any health product or new buy, make sure you’re doing your own thorough research!
This bad-boy is the king of alkaline water ionizers. Perhaps the most impressive quality of this unit is its ability to be installed either as an under-the-counter or countertop unit. (If you want to install it under-the-counter, you’ll need to order a special installation kit from the manufacturer.) It’s a hefty machine with seven different settings, ensuring you get exactly the pH balance you’re looking for. It’s also equipped with a built-in charcoal filter. There’s barely anything bad to say about this unit other than price. In this case, you really do get what you pay for. Other than that, just be careful about maintaining the charcoal filter. If you don’t change it for a while, you can expect your water to have a bit of a charcoal aftertaste.
- HAPPY, HEALTHY & HYDRATED: Alkaline Water may help detoxify the body, increase energy & hydration
- MORE THAN DRINKING WATER: 7 water settings allow you to adjust the alkalinity & add antioxidants
- FILTRATION AT ITS FINEST: Advanced filtration technology purifies & ionizes over 4000 liters
This unit is considerably cheaper than the first entry on the list. It’s installed as an under-the-sink system with three chamber filters. That means it has an excellent level of filtration, plus it’s equipped with a reverse osmosis and alkaline remineralization filter. You will definitely get clean water out of this system. Unfortunately, because of its size, you can also expect it to take up quite a bit of space under the sink. Make sure you’re doing your proper measurements if you’re looking to buy this beast.
- High Capacity Reverse Osmosis water filtration for safer, healthier water. This under sink mounted water filter and water softener removes up to 99% of over 1, 000 contaminants, including lead (removes up to 98% of lead), chlorine, fluoride, arsenic, asbestos, calcium, sodium, and more.
- Experience clean, safe, good-tasting water every time you turn on the faucet. Enjoy crystal clear ice cubes, fresher tea and coffee, better tasting foods, healthier baby formula – even better than most bottled water.
- The RO membrane removes not only harmful pollutants but also a few helpful minerals. As a result, a standard 5 stage RO system produces slightly acidic water with a pH of 7. 0 or below. The iSpring RCC7AK includes an additional sixth stage - an Alkaline Remineralization filter which restores healthy minerals and produces a balanced alkalinity, which gives the water a more natural taste than regular 5 stage RO water.
It can be hard to find an affordable system that also does a fine job. This Express Water reverse osmosis system is one of those rarities. This under-the-sink behemoth is pleasantly color-coded, taking all the guesswork out of installation and maintenance. It’s specifically designed for people with no plumbing experience at all! There are only two drawbacks to this system. First, it’s big, which means you need to ensure you have the space necessary to install it. Second, the pressure gauge can sometimes tend to malfunction (read: lie), so make sure you keep an eye on it. The manufacturer supplies wonderful customer service and will help you replace the gauge in the event of a malfunction.
- Energy in a glass - Alkaline water has up to 20% more oxygen than regular water. It even has antioxidants to help keep you going
- Get what your body needs - Our Active Mineral Technology adds Calcium, Magnesium, Potassium and other minerals your body needs right in your water
- The easiest change for a healthier life - Experience what water should taste like when we remove up to 99.99% of Lead, Chlorine, Fluoride, Arsenic, Bacteria, and more
This one’s pretty cool. If you aren’t sure about installations and manuals and springing a leak all over your kitchen, you might want to consider a countertop unit like this AQUASPREE. It’s essentially a water cooler that you plop right on top of your counter! You pour in the water, the unit uses a gravity-filter to purify and alkalize the water, and then holds the purified water for when you’re ready! You simply put a cup to the filler and you’ve got alkaline water! It can take up a bit of space on the counter, but it looks neat and it works great. Remember to soak this unit’s filters before your first use.
- AQUASPREE 7 STAGE DRINKING WATER PURIFIER SYSTEM: Now you can enjoy endless source of Pristine, Healthy and Alkaline drinking water on your countertop. Meets the strict requirement standards of WHO for drinking water.
- RECREATES NATURE’S PROCESS OF PURIFYING, MINERALIZING AND ALKALINIZING: Each drop of water is gravity fed, slow exposure and contact from the layers of Filters, Minerals and Magnetic field, IONIZES and transform each drop into Safe, Delicious, Vitalized and Energized Alkaline water.
- HOW AQUASPREE WATER PURIFIER WORKS: Our innovative Ceramic Filter works seamlessly with the 4 stages main filter, Maifanite Filter, and Magnetized device to create smooth, refreshing, safe alkaline water.
This unit continues with the theme of simple and effective. Apex is a trusted brand in water purification — and for good reason. They make reliable products. This filter is a countertop unit that attaches directly to your tap. It comes with a clear casing that allows you to gauge the health of your water and your filter at a glance. This filter has a particularly long life and is relatively easy to install. Units like this can suffer from mildew accumulation in the filter housing because air bubbles form during installation. Simply attach the housing over the filter upside-down to solve this problem.
- REDUCES CONTAMINANTS IN TAP WATER: The APEX Clear Countertop Alkaline Drinking Water Filter System removes contaminants commonly found in tap water, like chlorine, sediment, and radon. It also filters Cryptosporidium, and Giardia cysts, which contribute to water-borne illnesses. APEX water filters remove mercury and harmful pesticides to give you delicious, sparkling, fresh clean drinking water.
- CONNECTS TO STANDARD FAUCETS: APEX’s Clear countertop water filter system has been designed to conveniently sit right on your kitchen counter. It is simple to install, and connects easily to most standard kitchen faucets. All the necessary hardware is included for easy do-it-yourself installation. Simply remove the aerator screen from the faucet and screw on the collar of the APEX diverter valve.
- COST-EFFECTIVE WATER FILTER: By using an APEX countertop alkaline water filter, you can stop wasting money on small disposable bottles of water that just get thrown away when empty. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive and tedious. You don’t have to lug heavy water jugs or cases home to enjoy fresh clean drinking water. APEX water filters are the solution.
If you want just a little more bang for your buck in countertop faucet filters, check out this sister unit from Apex. This unit is essentially identical to the unit above. However, this one comes with two filters instead of one. That means cleaner, better-tasting water. It also means more work when it comes time to change filters, so bear that in mind. And, of course, it’ll take up more space on the counter.
- REDUCES HARMFUL CONTAMINANTS IN TAP WATER: Removes 99% of substances commonly found in sink tap water like chlorine which contribute to bad odors in your water, chloramine, benzene, radon, and heavy metals. It also helps prevent the buildup microorganisms. This filter will also add Magnesium, Potassium and Calcium raising the alkalinity of your water. NOTE: ALKALINE WATER WILL RAISES TDS LEVELS DUE TO THE MINERALS ADDED IN WATER.
- CONNECTS TO DOMESTIC FAUCET MODELS: APEX countertop filters have been designed to conveniently sit right on the kitchen counter top next to sinks. It is simple to install, and connects easily to most standard household kitchen faucets. All the necessary hardware is included for easy do-it-yourself installation. NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE ONE OF THE ADAPTERS WILL FIT YOUR FAUCET OR ELSE THE UNIT WILL BE NON-FUNCTIONAL.
- COST-EFFECTIVE WATER FILTER: By using an APEX counter top alkaline water filter, you can stop wasting money on small disposable bottles of water that just get thrown away when empty. Buying bottled water for daily home consumption gets expensive and tedious. You don’t have to lug heavy water jugs or cases to your house to enjoy fresh clean drinking water. APEX water filters are the solution.
This countertop system is valued most for its simplicity in use. There’s really not much to it. Pour in the water that needs purifying, push a button, and watch this system dispense delicious alkaline water! There can be some upkeep issues with this one, though. It comes with four filters — great for water cleanliness but not-so-great when it’s time to change the filters. Still, this system will last a long time before its filters need changing.
No products found.
It never hurts to go full-tilt if doing so won’t break the bank. This is a whole-house system designed to filter all the water coming out of all your taps. This kind of system is obviously convenient because it requires much less regular maintenance and it’s great for families. The filters on this unit are designed to filter 100,000 gallons of water… which is a LOT! Look into these kinds of filters if you’ve got the money to do so. Really, it’s worth it. Professional installation or plumbing experience will be required.
Important: While this system is not meant to alkaline water, it can filter the harmful contaminates out of you water. You would need a separate alkaline water filter, but could be assured the water is also purified. This is mentioned in our list as you can purchase a less expense alkaline filter, such as a pitcher, to compliment your clean water for a great combination!
- Protect Your Family and Household Appliance from Sediment, Chlorine, and More: Say goodbye to smelly, bad tasting water! Our system removes up to 99% of chlorine from water as well as up to 95% of sediment, rust, pesticides, herbicides, industrial solvents, VOCs, and various other contaminants. This system is installed at the main water supply line in order to treat all the water in your home.
- DIY Installation and Maintenance: Refer to our manual and our helpful YouTube videos for easy DIY installation. With 1” NPT inlet / outlet and Big Blue 20” x 4.5” filter cartridges, the system has minimum impact on water flow (up to 15 GPM) and requires minimum maintenance.
- Top-Notch Quality: The first stage high capacity polypropylene sediment filter is able to achieve filtration down to 5 microns. The second and third stage CTO Carbon Block filters are made of high quality coconut shell carbon for maximum filtration efficiency and filter life. Both are tested by an independent third-party to meet NSF/ANSI standards. The system has a capacity of 100,000 gallons of water, enough to supply a family of four with clean water for a full year.
Not everyone can afford expensive filtration units and some people are just looking for quick, simple solutions. We’ve got you covered too! This unit is a great filter pitcher. You can simply fill it up with water and sit it in the refrigerator. It’ll filter your water every time you pour a glass! It comes with seven-stage filtration, a helpful indicator light to show the filter quality, and an extra filter for when the original needs changing.
- Drinking natural purified mineralized alkaline ionized filtered water can improve health & wellbeing – reducing acidity & inflammation may improve immunity. Metabolism can increase, aiding in Weight loss & slowing down the aging process. Micro-clustered water molecules improves absorption and enhance water absorption to increase hydration, mental clarity, Energy levels & performance.
- OUR MULTI-STAGE PH001 FILTER CONSISTS OF ZEOLITE, STONE & CERAMIC BALL BLEND, MICRO NETS, ACTIVATED COCONUT CARBON CHARCOAL & ION EXCHANGE RESIN – Increases pH & -ORP of drinking water. Remineralization adds healthy minerals such as selenium & calcium. Purifies, removing fluoride, chlorine, chloramine, VOC’s. Filtrates heavy metals, arsenic, lead in tap water providing a more natural taste. Removes odor, color, & non-organic & organic matter
- MODERN DESIGN (Improved 4th Gen. MODEL) - Easy-to-Fill Lid System & Digital Gauge so you know when to change your filter. Anti-Block ~ latest technology filter material compound (search B00X127CGE). PREMIUM MATERIALS - BPA free, SGS Certified, FDA, TUV, RoHS, BSI, ISO 9001: 2000 Member of The Water Quality Association.
Do you just want something compact and portable? Here’s your buy. This pH Active water bottle is durable stainless steel. It comes with its own filter packets. You simply drop the filter packet into the water bottle, fill it up, and head out for a good hike or a long run. This bottle will keep your water clean and cool. You’ll need to keep buying packets for continued water filtration.
- NO MORE PLASTIC - with the brand new pH ACTIVE Insulated Stainless Steel Alkaline Water Filter Bottle by Invigorated Water. Ergonomic & Stylish design, including 2 lid options.
- pH ACTIVE DELIVERS HIGH pH ALKALINE WATER, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME so you’ll have filtered ionized water at the office, gym, while traveling, shopping, hiking, playing sports, & on holiday. Helping you & your loved ones stay healthy, happy & INVIGORATED.
- INCLUDES MULTI-STAGE ‘pH ON-THE-GO’ ALKALINE WATER FILTER (search B076H1MXP5) - increasing water pH and -ORP, improving taste and smell, adding minerals including zinc, magnesium, selenium & iron, eliminating heavy metals like mercury, copper & lead, greatly reduce fluoride, chlorine & chloramine.
Now here’s a neat take! Do you want a filter bottle but you already have a favorite water bottle? Check out this portable filter. This GoFiltr water bottle filter is designed to be used in any standard-sized water bottle. You just drop it right in and go. Turn your favorite bottle into an alkaline filter! It obviously won’t last as long as the bigger systems, but it’s very convenient.
- 9.5 PH MINERAL IONIZED ALKALINE + ELECTROLYTES IN MINUTES | GoFiltr turns your regular water into ionized mineral 9.5 pH alkaline water in just a few minutes, while filter heavy metals out. Use any water - sparkling or flat, pure filtered, tap water, distilled water. Turn your favorite bottle or pitcher into best alkaline water bottle. | TESTING PH? Use pH Test Drops - they are fun, easy and quick! PH TEST STRIPS are not designed to test drinking water.
- MADE TO FIT ALL YOUR BOTTLES | No attachments. No frustrating tools to carry around. Switch to any bottle any time. Fits all reusable water bottles (glass, plastic, metal, vacuum insulated stainless steel, copper), flasks, tumblers, hydration packs, water bladders with an opening of 1” (27mm) or larger. Works best with bottles 12 oz, 16 oz, 24 oz, 32 oz, and 40 oz in size.
- 3 MONTHS - 750 REFILLS - 4 CENTS PER REFILL | GoFiltr makes crisp and refreshing mineral alkaline water faster than your trip to a store, love your water cold and flavored? Add ice cubes or light-colored flavor (lemon, lime, and any light fruit or berry flavorings) - GoFiltr works well with both, sugar or sweetener won’t hurt it either. Each GoFiltr designed to work up to 3 months or 750 refills, that's 750 plastic bottles you don’t have to buy or recycle.
Choosing the right water filter can be confusing and stressful. Hopefully, this article cleared some of that up for you! Always make sure to do your full research when making a purchase like this. You always want to ensure you’re getting everything you need. Use this list to guide your decision. We’ve done the work to make sure we offered the very best.
Whatever you decide, always take care of your body. Give it everything it needs and do your best to make healthy choices! If you suffer from a serious medical condition, always consult with your doctor or primary care provider before making any serious dietary changes.
Thank you for reading! Now go out there and find your dream alkaline water filter!